TGIF! Happy Friday to All,
Spring has once again been murdered and we’re being thrown back into the dark murk of winter. It is, however, two days away from RACE SEASON! Oh my gosh.. going to be awesome. I can hardly wait, especially since it will give me a chance to escape the cold in Reno.
During a recent conversation with an unnamed friend *cough* MACY *cough* I was accused of not being personal enough in my blog and being too “business like,” so today will be a change in pace and I’ll do my best to be more me, even though I don’t know what that means… I feel like I do a pretty good job of being myself in my blogging 99.99% of the time, but that’s neither here there. Now, onward to the rant of the day and things I can’t stand!
- Crappy drivers – This seems to be self-explanatory but seriously, follow the damn rules! I don’t care if it takes “extra effort” to apply your brakes after the light has turned red, don’t go rolling through an intersection 12 seconds into my green light!
- Oblivious people – Nothing makes my blood boil like people who think that they already have their act together and don’t need to try and experience new things. Get your head out of your ass! Surprisingly enough, not only does the world not revolve around you but it could quite possibly be better off if you weren’t around either. At least make the bloody effort to acknowledge that you have an impact on those around you!
- Awful movies – Some movies just make you want to pull your hair out. Others force you to just turn them off before losing your sanity. Regardless, don’t waste my time or my life with a crappy, half attempt at making a movie. Do it right the first time please!
- Bad Mexican food – Nothing kills my buzz like ordering a juicy, wonderful set of fajitas only to find that the beans are pathetic, the chicken isn’t really from an actual bird, and the avocado is, well, manufactured. That’s in addition to the fact that your tortillas taste like they’re fresh out of a Wal-Mart freezer… sad day!
- Unwanted stress – Now that I’m writing this, there really isn’t any stress that is “wanted” per se, but there is stress that is at least beneficial. I seem to track down issues just fine on my own, I don’t need additional ones popping up and contributing to my next aneurism.
- Never-ending gobstoppers – Ever since Willy Wonka, my pursuit of the perfect candy has been ruined by his never-ending sugary wonder, the Everlasting Gobstopper. Why don’t we have a candy that just doesn’t get used up!? Granted, the law of diminishing returns would set in very quickly, but it’s the principle of the thing. I guess it’s along the same reasons for why we don’t have flying cars yet… or ever. He gave us false hope and pried it from our fingers in one fell swoop!
- Asparagus pee – Yeah, you know what’s up. EPIC FAIL.
- Not racing – Probably the only positive one on here, I hate not being able to race! So many of my problem solving epiphanies come during exercise, and it’s so wonderful having that for a greater purpose than just being in shape. People who don’t like to compete are just missing out ;-) or too scared.. whahah!