Happy Taco Tuesday to the Faithful Followers!
It’s an exciting time. Finals are overrrrrrrrrrrrr and Christmas is upon us. I even turned on Christmas music finally *gasp* Also, for those of you who don’t know, the world is ending this Friday which is the primary reason I have done zero Christmas shopping.
While everyone is counting down to the end of the world I am counting down until graduation. 150 days of adventure and waiting and learning and growing. May 17th is going to be a wonderful day in my life and I can hardly wait. It’s the light at the end of my tunnel but it is also the base of the next major mountain in my life. Also, the new Star Trek movie comes at that day and Iron Man 3 just two weeks before that. Ahhh what a month!
I’d forgotten how fun it was waiting for graduation with my undergrad degree, and this time around it’s even more exciting because I’ve been working, and working on school, and balancing 200,000 other things in my life.
The Christmas break should provide some much needed rest (physical and emotional) as well as some time to regroup. Reno Pops practice begins in January, thank goodness, and I will have plenty to keep me busy in the spring. I haven’t been snowboarding in ages so it will be nice to hit the slopes at least a few times to balance out my swim, bike, run (ing).
My goals for the upcoming weeks are as follows:
- Get the bloody laundry off of my floor – as thrilling as ironing is, it isn’t terribly exciting to actually deal with.
- Develop a plan for staying sane during the crazy spring semester – March always seems to be the death of me and it is time to come up with some form of a survival contingency plan.
- Get back into trumpet “shape” – My favorite past time, besides triathlon, has been on the back burner for far too long. It’s time to get it back together especially because it’s so fun! Nothing beats having all your friends show up to a concert to cheer you on.
- Step up my training load – The Ironman is very unforgiving and not especially far away. It will be here before I know it…
- Do something fun for the sake of just having fun – There are plenty of times when I have issues relaxing or just sitting on my couch. I’m hoping a schedule that is more free will help facilitate more relaxing and hot chocolate drinking.
I am finally understanding that the passage of time simply can’t be understood. It feels like yesterday when I had just begun my MBA program and now the final chapter is about to be written. I hope that you all have some wonderful plans coming up, no matter where they may lead you, and enjoy time with those near to you :-)